Ghetto Hidden

For Discussions and Suggestions for the GMOD Servers
Alex
FADW Guardian

Ghetto Hidden

Post by Alex »

The title may be a bit confusing, but it's basically a "ghetto-rigged" version of the Hidden game/mod/whatever.

Story:
Boris decided one day that the traitors should be cloaked while everyone else was detectives with UMPs. Traitors (Hidden) would have to use non-lethal weapons, like flare gun (sort of not non-lethal) and poltergeist. It was a great idea in my opinion, and while I tried out the gamemode myself, I had beforehand planned to modify the Trouble in Terrorist Town to gamemode my/Boris' liking to fit the so-called "Ghetto Hidden" theme.
As of right now, it's in development, and of course, not finished.

This thread, mostly this specific post right here, will be updated regularly. I have a sort of changelog/info type thing that is linked below that is updated basically all the time, while this post will be updated when I feel it's due.

The realtime-updated changelog/info thingy can be found by clicking here.

Although I can pretty much code this myself (I really want to, to learn more Lua and to keep my pride up and going), I also accept suggestions that you can tell me or post in this thread. And since Boris is the so-called "author" of this gamemode, if he doesn't like it, I won't add it.

If you read it all, you're awesome. And get some suggestions going!

Update from September 9th, 2013:
I decided to scratch the original project, and restart it. I've learned some new things since then, and decided to implement them into a new version.
The link above still works, and any documentation will go into that. If you want a proper formatting for it, I recommend downloading it and opening it in Notepad++.

I need some help from this community though, and those are listed here:
- Graphics: I need an icon (if you look in GMod, TTT has a red T) and a banner (like this one).
- Suggestions: I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I need more suggestions on what to add. I feel like this is going to be community-based, even though I'm gonna do most of the additions (or all, but like, based on your ideas). You'll be credited... somehow, at least in the documentation text file. If you want to suggest something, do it in the form linked below.

Suggestion form.

Questions? Post in the thread or ask me on Steam.
Thanks, and goodbye!
Last edited by Alex on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
sniper101

Re: Ghetto Hidden

Post by sniper101 »

Wow I absolutely love this Idea and concept

So Suggestion go here?

What if call this game Ghost TTT?
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I already feel like "Ghetto Hidden" fits, and I wanna stick with that name unless something else fits A LOT better.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

Now would be the best time to have all sorts of awesome weapons. Flashbangs (for hidden to blind D's for a few seconds) Ghost finder goggles (makes T's visible for the wielder a second.) Or even cooler and already existing, Footprint goggles. (Which show the footprints of people.) Hidden could have grapple guns. All sorts of stuff.
If you haven't guessed already, I like this idea.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

You got some nice suggestions, and I'll actually put them in a "Suggestions" part of the info (should be updated soon). Although, I need to get the main gamemode done first, and it seems to be going good so far (until I test it and have to squash some bugs).

The flashbang is fully possible, but the "Ghost Finder" will be tricky, I might get it to work, but using the method I use right now probably won't support it.

The footsteps thing will probably be hard to do as well.

Grappling hook for "Hidden" is also pretty useful.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

FYI Alex, I actually played a TTT server with the footprint thing. So it should already exists somewhere out there.
Also, if you think the grapple hook is OP, you can give it a long recharge, or make the Hidden visible when in use.

I haven't tested, or verifyed if these work/do what they say. I spent about ten minutes browsing the workshop to see what I could find. This is the best from what I bothered looking at.

Footprint + other stuff
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =143906751

Spiderman gun
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =144364335

If they don't work/don't want them then I/you can remove the links and such.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

I actually knew about the Spiderman gun, in fact, I put it in the info thingy at the bottom where the suggestions are located.

Footprints might be useful, although I would have to check how it works.

Thanks for the links btw.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

Make UMPs not drop, or you'll probably have Hiddens (Hi's?) running around with Hunter (Hu?) weapons...
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

EDIT:
I'm not gonna do that. Hunters should be able to drop it to get a health station or something, although I might edit the UMP to take up a different slot. E.g. removing the DNA scanner and make it slot 9.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Thanks to all the people that were on and tested out the "Alpha" version of Ghetto Hidden.
The response was great, and people enjoyed it. I updated the original post's changelog to show that I fixed most of the bugs on the server. Well, "fixed", I haven't tested the updated version.

Again, keep the suggestions coming, and if you wanna be up-to-date at all times about Ghetto Hidden, then click the link in the original post as it will lead to a realtime-updated (well, updated whenever I work on it) text file about Ghetto Hidden.

Thanks again for the awesome welcoming of the gamemode, it basically keeps me dedicated to it.

~Cactus out
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!