Petition to Make Breaking the Tester Traitorous

For Discussions and Suggestions for the GMOD Servers

Should breaking the Tester be traitorous?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 38

Port_A_Build

Petition to Make Breaking the Tester Traitorous

Post by Port_A_Build »

Breaking a machine made to detect traitors seems pretty traitorous to me. I think we should be able to shoot people for it.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
unicow2945

Re: Petition to Make Breaking the Tester Traitorous

Post by unicow2945 »

I believe that the rule was put in place to keep RDMers from being able to blame their rule breaking on things like "he broke the traitor tester!", since the logs don't record who actually broke the tester, it makes it a muddy situation for everyone involved even if the person killed never actually broke the tester, and was just accused of it by the RDMer ( I could be totally wrong, but i think this is the reason we had the rule in the first place, as well as the troll shooting rule).
A-Walrurus by any other name...
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

INSTANT NO from me

Dude its not A really big problem and yet its just not fair and fun for traitors!
I love bicycling.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

There are two reasons I will not vote to get it traitorous (might be more, don't remember them at the time of writing this).

1. What ARURUS just said above me, the admins/mods have no idea who broke the T tester, therefore if someone is killed for it, we can't be sure whether or not that was a legit KOS because he broke the T tester, or if it's actually just RDM.

2. A Traitor tester is in my opinion not even supposed to be in the game, if you know who all the innocents are without having any of the proven by killing a T with proof, or something similar (basically, how you would normally know who an innocent is on a map without a tester), then it ruins the point of the game completely. Why would you go to a room in the beginning of the round, where you can check who are innocent while playing TTT where the whole point is: You might be traitor, innocent or detective. As one of the last two mention, you don't know who traitors are, and that's what makes this gamemode different from just Randomly DeathMatching people (see what I did there?).

The current results of the poll are 10 to 1, on the 'no' side (10 votes on no, 1 vote on yes). Unless those votes suddenly swap around, then I don't think it will be traitorous to destroy the traitor tester anytime soon.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

I have an idea, I could transfer the one that tests 3 people but only tests 3 times, put it on the other maps with t testers, and then everyone will be happy, not op, and you can't destroy it.
What the.......Did I win?
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

I say it's traitorous, and my vote counts as 20!
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

No, Deth, just no, your vote does not count as 20 :P

And DA KID, I really don't think that's a good idea, and I know which one you're talking about... The one from borders.
That thing is even more annoying IMO, because you can trap people in there and all they're doing the rest of the round is say: "Please let me out, PLEAASSEEEE LET ME OUT" repeat x20.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Then I could make it so the button is inside or something. LUA FTW
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Lua?

That has absolutely nothing to with the button, at all. Since the button is only triggering a door, and not a special TTT function, that would have to be edited through Source SDK (I believe that's the map editor for Source games), and not through any lua coding.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
DA KID

Post by DA KID »

Alex wrote:Lua?

That has absolutely nothing to with the button, at all. Since the button is only triggering a door, and not a special TTT function, that would have to be edited through Source SDK (I believe that's the map editor for Source games), and not through any lua coding.
Hammer editor* I'd have to do that to transfer the tester anyway