Petition to Make Breaking the Tester Traitorous

For Discussions and Suggestions for the GMOD Servers

Should breaking the Tester be traitorous?

Yes
18%
No
82%

Total votes: 38

Alex
FADW Guardian

Re: Petition to Make Breaking the Tester Traitorous

Post by Alex »

A traitor would usually not put himself/herself into the risk of being suspected. Because people will stalk him/her for the rest of the round, making it last like forever.

Most innocents would easily go into the tester, even though you can only use it 3 times, being able to prove 9 people in total, still makes it a bit overpowered. And, I'm gonna keep going back to the point that says that all T testers are ruining the whole point of the "You don't know who traitors are" and so on.

And most likely, we won't modify any maps (or upload any "unofficial", modified maps, unless Deth forces me to/does it himself) to swap out the T tester (Only map we have in the rotation that has a breakable, unlimited-use T tester is 67thway anyways).
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

Why not remove 67th? No one are gonna miss it either way... And by no one, I mean almost everyone.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

Even I can say I enjoy playing 67thway, just because so many (including myself) are stupid enough to not look both ways before crossing the road.
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
unicow2945

Post by unicow2945 »

I think that if the T tester was something that required a detective credit every use, it would turn it into something that adds to the game in a positive way instead of just ruining the whole point of the game mode. Just my two cents.
A-Walrurus by any other name...
Alex
FADW Guardian

Post by Alex »

That would be good idea to do. If it cost a detective credit everytime you used the tester, it wouldn't be too overpowered.

Still wouldn't prevent me from breaking it though :P
- Alex/Decactus

My Steam profile!
Kyuenmaru

Post by Kyuenmaru »

And where you can't destroy the testers, you can rely on me to block people from getting in.
kju:enmɑru: in phonetics. Not Kai-you-enn.
Port_A_Build

Post by Port_A_Build »

I vote no. The tester is a bad part of the map that ruins the fun of the game by telling you who is and isn't a Traitor. I think the tester should be broken or blocked every round. And anyways, there's only one map you can break it on, and any tester area becomes a jihad spot once the tester is operational.
"Doing good is a pleasure, a joy beyond measure, a blessing of duty and love." - Will L. Thompson, Have I Done any Good?
I'm Port_A_Build, the Portaller.

Come join the Kingdom at 24.21.3.62:27015. Complete with one of the most complicated gamemodes ever and a family friendly rule.
coopertrooper7

Post by coopertrooper7 »

Alex wrote:No, Deth, just no, your vote does not count as 20 :P

And DA KID, I really don't think that's a good idea, and I know which one you're talking about... The one from borders.
That thing is even more annoying IMO, because you can trap people in there and all they're doing the rest of the round is say: "Please let me out, PLEAASSEEEE LET ME OUT" repeat x20.
Alex lets be honest! THATS ME YOUR TALKING ABOUT!
Thanks, Coopertrooper7
Kat the Dark Ninja

Post by Kat the Dark Ninja »

We dont have to remove 67th way there is a new one that doesnt have a t tester, but I m unsure if I can find it, I could try but Im unsure if I will find it.
Dark Ninja
Markusmoo
Banned

Post by Markusmoo »

I personally love playing on 67th way, it's a classic!