One of the rules is too vague and people are abusing it.

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
TwerstedFert

One of the rules is too vague and people are abusing it.

Post by TwerstedFert »

TTT is a game that revolves around player interaction. The goal of the innocents is to discover and kill the traitors and the goal of the traitors is to eliminate the innocents. Most of the time, the traitor needs to use his wits as he is vastly outnumbered. So when a traitor convinces the other players that an innocent is a traitor it means that the traitor has managed to outsmart several other players into doing his work for him. Never in all my time playing TTT have I ever witnessed a traitor getting slain for convincing other players that an innocent is a traitor, because that is one of the many mechanics of this game. The rules state that false KOS is not allowed. This is a rule on many servers but it does not apply to traitors as it is impossible for a traitor to call a false KOS because the goal of the traitor is to eliminate the innocents. However, in my last play session a traitor was slain for calling a KOS on an innocent player. The admin stated that RDM wasn't allowed and that the traitor would be slain for "causing" it. I tried explaining why this was a ridiculous reason and was quickly muted so it seems I'll have to say it here.

Here's a review of the events-
Traitor calls KOS on innocent
Other innocents ask "is this a real KOS?"
Traitor says "yes, he shot at me"
Innocent says "No I didn't you're lying"
Innocent is killed by other innocents
Traitor is marked for slay because of this.

As I said before, TTT is a game that revolves around player interaction. This means that players should expect (and have been expecting for years) potential traitors to lie because it is extremely useful for traitors to be dishonest. So when a traitor successfully executes one of the core mechanics of his 'class' he should not be punished for the naivete of the other innocents. If anything, the innocents should have been put-down in this situation for killing a fellow innocent when the only proof was a player saying "He shot at me." TTT is a mindgame and in this scenario the innocents weren't as quick as the traitor and they suffered for it, that is the beauty of TTT. For outsmarting the other players the traitor was marked for a slay, called a troll by the other players, and eventually banned for defending himself (He called the admin an idiot, he has some slight anger issues but in all honesty the admin was being rather arrogant).

Clarify in your rules that it is not ok to lie as a traitor. When most other servers allow traitors to do their job and lie it is foolish for any server to assume that their vague wording and modified rules would be understood by new players who have been playing under the same conditions for months, sometimes years. And it is downright petty for any admin to then punish a new player for misunderstanding the vague and modified rule.

On another note, the admin- Saint777 got real defensive and butthurt when I asked for this website's URL. He was all worried that I was going to report him for abuse or something when I told him I just wanted to request a rule change. So I've got a request that should be standard and assumed by all servers but it hasn't in the past which is why I've gotta say this- Saint777 shouldn't be allowed to be the ruling admin on this post. He can comment and whatever but a third party should be the one passing judgement on this case.
Coiner10
FADW Moderator

Re: One of the rules is too vague and people are abusing it.

Post by Coiner10 »

So the idea behind the don't call koses as a t is so there isn't a big string of innocents killing each other, which isnt very fun for the t's when the innos kill themselves IMO. And it also stops people from losing karma when they kill an innocent that was called out. I do admit that you make some valid points though.
Saint777
FADW Admin

Post by Saint777 »

First off: I did not get all "butthurt" because you wanted the url. I was actually the one who gave you the url.

Second: While you do have a point, the rules are the rules and I was simply enforcing them. You cannot false kos someone regardless of whether or not you are a traitor. That's the rule, and that's why I was going to slay him. I was going to leave it at a simple slay until he called me an "idiot" and was constantly arguing with me about the rules. I tried explaining them but he would not listen and refused to. Instead he went off and insulted me.

Finally: I was not being arrogant. I told you the rules. You didn't like them. That's all.
"The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, And his tongue speaks justice"
Hello and welcome
FADW Moderator

Post by Hello and welcome »

IT DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE!! WOOOO
Maxrazor

Post by Maxrazor »

lol
Steam Name: Emperor

Minecraft username: Maxrazorwin