Clearly frivelous ban and selective admining.

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
Natecat33

Clearly frivelous ban and selective admining.

Post by Natecat33 »

Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:68411231

About 20 minutes ago, one of your admins decided to ban me for an entire week. Was this ban for something terrible, such as mass rdm, considering it's long length? No, it was for 2 RDMs spread out over 10+ rounds, with both being attributed to inspecificities in the rules. Early on in my playing session a group of players seemed to start to dislike me, and started calling everyone of my kills rdm, despite the fact that the actual victim understood why I had killed them without explanation. Spirit, the admin who banned me, initially seemed to be responding reasonably to these false reports fairly well, but then appeared to submit into their pit of lies and ban me. I add him on steam to ask him a few questions about my ban. When asked why he banned me, he said I had rdmed 3+ people, but when asked to give instances, he could only name two, both were from grey areas in the rules, like whether throwing a diamond block into lava is traitorous. When he realized he had no ground to defend his desicion, instead of revoking it like a reasonable person would, he claimed I was being disrespectful, and that justified the ban, despite the fact that there were numerous people who would say everytime I killed a T: "I am going to kill him, because that was probably RDM." The admin in question is obviously incompetent, and my ban should be removed, and the admins powers revoked.
Saint777
FADW Admin

Re: Clearly frivelous ban and selective admining.

Post by Saint777 »

Your post itself shows your disrespect. I banned you for multiple rdms. You're right in that I could only remember 2 though at the moment. Kitteh, who you killed because he happened to be infront of you, was corner blocking you (in a sense). There was a door right next to you and you could have closed it to get out of the way. And you didn't warn Kitteh that what he was doing was bugging you. So you shot him in the face. Also you killed Creature for throwing a diamond block in the lava. That's not a problem. You can't kill off of that. You were being disrespectful saying things to people such as "Go whine to your mom" and "Get banned". You were being disrespectful and everyone was getting mad at you. You also said that people were "retarded" for saying you rdmd. I was in my rights to ban you. And others can support my position.
"The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, And his tongue speaks justice"
Natecat33

Post by Natecat33 »

Saint777 wrote:Your post itself shows your disrespect. I banned you for multiple rdms. You're right in that I could only remember 2 though at the moment. Kitteh, who you killed because he happened to be infront of you, was corner blocking you (in a sense). There was a door right next to you and you could have closed it to get out of the way. And you didn't warn Kitteh that what he was doing was bugging you. So you shot him in the face. Also you killed Creature for throwing a diamond block in the lava. That's not a problem. You can't kill off of that. You were being disrespectful saying things to people such as "Go whine to your mom" and "Get banned". You were being disrespectful and everyone was getting mad at you. You also said that people were "retarded" for saying you rdmd. I was in my rights to ban you. And others can support my position.
I had given multiple warnings to Kitteh to stop following me, after I gave my third warning, he cornerblocked me.
Saint777
FADW Admin

Post by Saint777 »

You can't kill people for simply following you around. Despite that, no one heard your warnings. Your warnings weren't valid either considering they were about him following you, not about him (somewhat) blocking you in a corner. In fact, a lot of people thought I should ban you for longer than a week because of "trolling". I didn't think you were that bad and so I only banned you for a week. Just one week. Not a long time to wait.
"The mouth of the righteous utters wisdom, And his tongue speaks justice"
HeavensPeak
FADW Moderator

Post by HeavensPeak »

You rdm'd at least once every round of the previous map before you were banned. Just because you didn't do it all at once doesn't mean saints in the wrong. You constantly ignored the rules and you gave no warning when killing the last guy for simply being near you. For that you should consider yourself lucky it wasn't longer, the rules of the server are clearly stated in the motd and for several rounds as we explained to you, you ignored them.
“Without music, life would be a mistake.”
Natecat33

Post by Natecat33 »

I did no such thing. I got accused of rdm at least once every round, but I only rdmed once, and it was due to inspecificitys in the rules.
TheRedDuncan
FADW Admin

Post by TheRedDuncan »

General tip: A lack of a rule does not mean it exists. If you have any doubts in your mind, it is always good to ask an admin. That's what we're here for.
"Look at the sky, is there a heaven out there? What do you see? Is it a road to nowhere? I see a mountain, high, that reaches to the sky forever."

It begins with a ring-leader; in this case Bob "Flaming Carrot" Burden. "We'll make history, lads" he enthues "The first up-tempo, now, 1980's, happening kind of comic book artists to ever draw on a girl's legs in a strange hotel room".