Traitor Baitting Please clarify

This is the place for your complaints, once you have made a post here, it shall be reviewed by our team. Ban Appeals also should be posted in this forum.
theblackhand16

Traitor Baitting Please clarify

Post by theblackhand16 »

Traitor baiting is allowed on the server, but you can't kill a person for traitor baiting. Examples of this would be shooting around another player, but not hitting on purpose.
Or breaking the traitor tester on maps like 67thway. "Admitting" that you are a Traitor is Traitor baiting as well. So no, killing someone for saying "I'm a Traitor" is not allowed, and considered RDM.
If you kill a person for traitor baiting, it's considered RDM and you will be punished.

Whenever I play on this server this rule is taking is different ways and to be honest its getting really annoying. Now for me I take the rule very literal if someone shoots near you, you cant kill them unless they hit you BUT other people are taking it as "if it looks like they are trying to kill me then we can kill them". And I really just want this cleared up so no more slays happen and no more people get rdmed for just messing with people using this rule so if you have the time and can, please look into this and try to get it even more clear because not everyone is looking at this rule the exact same way, I really don't see how but they are not. Thank you for your time -Alucard, TheBlackHand,
Soul
FADW Admin

Re: Traitor Baitting Please clarify

Post by Soul »

theblackhand16 wrote:"if it looks like they are trying to kill me then we can kill them"
This is wrong.

The rule is and always has been, if they don't hit you you can't shoot them. Breaking the tester is not traitorous IMO(other staff may interpret different, and it is broken 97% of the time pre round anyways). Saying "I'm a traitor!" is not killable and is rdm.
theblackhand16

Post by theblackhand16 »

I'm not going to say any names but several players have been telling me that if they shoot near you, then you are allowed to kill them one of them said that deth said it was ok too, but I really don't believe that. But I have been seeing people not get slain for killing someone who was shooting near them their excuse is always "he was trying to kill me its not traitor baiting its called missing".
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

If it happens again, report them to a staff member please.
theblackhand16

Post by theblackhand16 »

Soul I know you enforce this rule but I'm honestly trying to figure who has been telling them that like I said before is allowed. :geek:
Deth V
The Weird One

Post by Deth V »

The MOTD Will be edited soon
Traitor baiting is allowed on the server, but you can't kill a person for traitor baiting. Examples of this would be shooting around another player, but not hitting on purpose.
if the player shoots close enough, especially with a one shot weapon, and that get killed that's their on fault if they get killed.
"You know what the first rule of flying is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keels. Makes her a home."
Coiner10
FADW Moderator

Post by Coiner10 »

You should define how close is too close to troll shoot. I know you don't like having to get caught up in the technicalities, but I'm sure many people including myself will get confused on this subject.
sniper101

Post by sniper101 »

ugh really can we at least have some traitor baiting such as calling yourself as a T?
and also tho Deth I remembered you said we can :l
I love bicycling.
TheOnlyShare

Post by TheOnlyShare »

No.
I like the rule change.
Soul
FADW Admin

Post by Soul »

Coiner10 wrote:You should define how close is too close to troll shoot. I know you don't like having to get caught up in the technicalities, but I'm sure many people including myself will get confused on this subject.
My new approach is if they shoot anywhere in my vicinity i shoot them in the dome.